 JF> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:13:40 -0600, Jon Schewe <jpschewe at mtu.net> wrote:
 >> I've got some shell scripts that I've put on my desktop in KDE.  Some of
 >> them execute just fine, however when I click on others they just bring
 >> up a
 >> dialog box that says "subjective.sh not found" where subjective.sh is the
 >> name of the shell script.

 JF> Humm.. do the ones that work have a #!/usr/bin/bash (or whatever
 JF> shell/interpeter you're using) as the first line?

Actually none of them have that.  If I write a shell script that's like so:
echo `pwd` > /tmp/foo
That works.  However if it's something like this:
echo `pwd` > /tmp/foo
echo $PATH >> /tmp/foo
java -classpath foo.jar foo
It doesn't work, however it does write to /tmp/foo and java is in the
path.  If I open up a shell propmpt and type ./foo.sh (containing either
set of commands) it works just fine.

Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe | jpschewe at mtu.net
GPG signature at http://mtu.net/~jpschewe/gpg.sig.html