Here is my entertaining tip for the day.  I learned this only because
I twitched and hit my return key at the wrong moment.

Get apt4rpm installed and working.

Force install an rpm that you don't have the correct dependencies for.

Do an apt-get -f install.

apt-get will either fixup the dependencies for the forced rpm, or delete
it.  Kind of the big hammer approach - fix it or kill it.