It's a shame. I can understand his point but it is a shame. I've always
been a fan of RedHat but these statements are a step backward for linux.
Why steer people away from linux? RedHat apparently has given up the
battle for the "bonehead friendly" linux desktop.

>From the perspective of having to support Joe Average using a linux
workstation I was very impressed by the Ximian stuff I saw at that Novel
sales presentation I went to last week. I could defiantly see supporting
people useing that system, very simple very clean. I don't think I would
use it myself but I believe a bonehead friendly desktop environment is
very important to linux gaining widespread acceptance. Windows is a
little bit more bonehead friendly but that will change.

I can't blame RedHat for going where the money is right now (servers)
but I believe is is short sited of RedHat steer people toward MS for the
sake of not steering them toward competing linux distributions.

my 2 cents.

- Tom

Tom Penney <blots at visi.com>