On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 06:16:10 -0600, you wrote:

>On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 01:12:37AM -0600, Sam MacDonald wrote:
>> Pentium 266 MMX
>> 64 mb RAM  (gona need mo ram!)  [196mb max]
>>
>> Maybe it's just me but I haven't liked any version of Redhat sense 6.X
>> because X windows crawls.
>
>I have a similar machine (233 MMX, 96MB) at home.  Gnome and KDE run
>painfully slowly, but WindowMaker runs fast.  Fvwm2 is another X window
>manager that should run fast on this machine.
I have been a happy user of Blackbox for years, decent performance
even on a 386 with 16MB of RAM (http://blackboxwm.sourceforge.net/).

Now I use it even with Cygwin on a Windows XP machine (as well as all
my Linux machines including my firewall box, which is a Pentium-75
with 48MB.

escargo

David S. Cargo (escargo at skypoint.com)