On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 11:21:02AM -0600, Joe Dunsmore wrote:
> So I'm doing my configure script when compiling mozilla.  one of the flags
> is:
>
> --prefix=YOUR_GNOME_PREFIX
>
> I was told that I put a path to gnome here.  But I don't really have a
> single
> gnome program.  what exactly should I put here?  when doing the config
> without
> that flag, I got this error:
>
> *** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found.
> *** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
> *** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
> *** full path to gtk-config.
> *** GTK+ is available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk
> configure: error: Test for GTK failed

You gtk (including it development files) in order to compile
mozilla.  There are also a bunch of other dependencies for
mozilla that you will need installed in orde to compile it.  What
distro are you using?  There should be packages for the necessary
libraries, but you will have to look at the mozilla docs to find
out what they all are.  Once you have all the necessary libs
installed, you probably won't have to use any flags with the
configure script, unless you put the libs in odd places.