>     Kent> FYI, I just upggraded my home computers to RedHat 9, and Nautilus
>     Kent> associates all OpenOffice and StarOffice documents with OpenOffice.
>
>     Kent> Also, nautilus is *vastly* faster now.
>
> Cool!  Maybe I can move my wife to it.  I find that KDE has far too
> many buttons and things for her.  Too many ways to do one thing.  Fine
> for people like me, but the simpler the better for many.  Most people
> don't need to have the option to open a document 4 different ways
> (especially when to do so you have to type the ugly executable name,
> instead of the readable name the icon has....).
>
> In my next life maybe I'll try to make a novice-usable desktop. :-)

My wife's desktop has a 'Document' icon that launches Nautilus, a
tasklist applet, a clock applet, a mozilla launcher, a mozilla mail
launcher, and a logout button.  No menus.

That's pretty novice usable - it cuts down on my home admin'ing duties
as well.

My son on the other hand has so much stuff going on his desktop it makes
me twitchy to look at it.