On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Jeffery Rasmussen wrote:
> How much did it cost you to create the MythTV box?  I've been interested
> in Tivo for a very long time but cannot get past the monthly service
> charge.  I know that they offer a forever deal, but I would be worried
> that forever meant until the company got bought out my Microsoft or
> something like that.

For mine, it cost me about $400 a year or so ago, buying decent quality
parts and such.  You can have it be more or less expensive, depending on
what you want in it, the form factor, etc. If you buy a fast enough
processor, you can get away with a really cheap bt tv card, but I'd
recommend spending a bit extra to get a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 250 or 350..
if you'd like, you can get the OEM 250's for $90 on eBay.