Hi,

I just upgraded a redhat system through apt-get on a lilo system and forgot
to 're-lilo' the system.  The system has hung on booting.

Typically what I've done in the past is boot off the redhat install CD into
emergency mode, chroot to my root partition, mount /boot, and enter lilo.

I'm following this groups advice to try knoppix (which is truly an amazing
thing).

After knoppix boots, I open a konsole, chroot to my root partion on the
hard drive, and then try to mount /boot.

I get this error:

mount: block device /dev/sda6 is write-protected, mounting read only.
mount: cannot mount block device /dev/sda6 read-only.

This is stirring a memory, but things aren't gelling - anybody have any
specific help?

Thanks,
kent