    Munir> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Ian Stoner wrote:
    >> more.  I assumed it was a problem with the interaction between CUPS and
    >> SAMBA, but maybe the problem is actually the driver?

    Munir> heh... sounds to me like the printer is stopping to render

I don't believe so --- I've gone out for hours and come home to find
it still in this state.

    Munir> add RAM, use a better PPD(hint: MacOSX ppds work great) or
    Munir> dont send large jobs.

I have a Samsung ML-1210 linux driver to use instead of the built-in
foomatic one.  I've been unwilling to do it --- after all, it KINDA
works now, if I'm willing to restart more often than I should.  I'm
not at all convinced I'll be able to get it back to the original state
if I install the Samsung drivers!  And they seem to be compiled
against glibc 2.1, whereas I'm on 2.3....  </sigh>