Thanks all for the feedback.

> 1.starting with:
>     I. an "old computer" with 2 HDs:
>        - the boot HD that has RH installed & your data
>        - a clean ext3 formatted 9G HD
>     II. a "newer computer" with RH installed on the boot HD
>        and plenty of space for your data

That is what I was doing.  Except I was hoping to just plop the second HD
into the new RH installation.

In the end, I did just that.  I plugged it in and mounted it right away
without a single problem.  Hardware stuff freaks me out.

> Please don't say Windoze.
yes windoze.  I thought about RH, but the computer would be useless to the
person if it wasn't windoze.  Maybe I should dual-boot it.

TOm