Gentoo is by far the best linux distro I've used. It takes a while to
install from stage 1 but everything cam be compiled for you specific
processor if you edit /etc/make.conf file.
Also just a little tip for anyone using gentoo. Seren Innovations
provides a local gentoo mirror out of Minneapolis. To use it just add
the following lines to the bottom of your /etc/make.conf file

GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.seren.com/gentoo/"
SYNC="rsync://gentoo.seren.com/gentoo-portage"

I'm running gentoo on my webserver here at home. I'm hosting only a
couple of domains and email. The startup times are much much better than
it was with redhat and everything seems to run better.

-Adam