Love it love it love it love it. Gentoo is similar to slack, but a bit
easier (and a bit more annoying in the same breath). You get [more or
less] minute control of your system, (yay ports!) which is great, but
anything you compile through ports is compiled on your system. So if
it's a slow box, this can make for a few very long emerge -uD world's
(updates all packages and dependencies) if you wait too long to run it.

The user forums on gentoo.org are phenomenal too. Probably the best
Linux help I've ever received from there. (Apart from this list, of
course! ;)

John

http://www.mn-linux.org tclug-list at mn-linux.org