Raymond Norton writes:
> I asked this way back, but find it painfully slow to search each
> month for questions I have posted. I Tried to download the whole
> archive, but it stalls. Is there an easy way to search the whole
> thing?

Use Google's site search feature.

> I set up a proxy/content filter, using squid for another school . We
> are using  proxy_auth , so each user must login. We have 1100 names
> that need to be imported into the password file. I think one response
> I got last time I posted a similar question was to use some sort of
> loop with CAT. This is the format the test file will be in
>
> Internet Password , username
> nikitajo,  Adolph.Tara

This shell script will do it.  Replace users.txt with the name of your input
file and passwd.txt with the password file.  After you have tested it,
remove the echo command to have it actually run the htpasswd program.

for i in $(cat users.txt | sed 's/ //')
do
    echo htpasswd -b passwd.txt \
        $(echo $i | cut -d',' -f1) \