> The test file is the file you have now, for input?

> Do the users have to be user on the host (and
> so have entries in /etc/passwd) to use proxy_auth?

> Just trying to clarify,

> Troy

the password file is one created with htpasswd. It currently has 20-30
names, but needs the 1100 imported, with password.

This is an IPCop box with squid and dansguardian, so there will only be
squid users, nothing in /etc/passwd

The format for the users will look like:

password , username1
password,  username2
password, username3

or, it could be reversed.

I thought about using a redhat box, importing the users with webmin, and
doing a cut and past into my password file on the other box, but I'm not
sure if passwords are maintained doing it this way.