Since I went to this and ate their food I might as well say a little
about what happened. I know that some other people who attended also
read this list so maybe you can comment also (you know who you are ;-).
Obviously it was a lot of marketing talk but here are a few things that
I thought you might be interested in:

- There were about 125 people in attendance, about twice what anyone
expected.

- Novell and IBM are currently in the process of converting ALL their
desktops and servers to Linux.

- Novell is porting their Netware filesystem to Linux but it will not be
open sourced.

- The acquisition of SuSE is being complicated by politics because SuSE
has been a strong supporter of KDE but since Novell bought Ximian, that
is what they are supporting.

- The laptop that the slide presentation was given from was running
Linux and it was the marketing guy's machine, not just a laptop that
they use to impress Linux people. He was using Ximian's version of
OpenOffice.

- IBM is pushing VMWare as a way to consolidate servers.

- The breakfast wasn't very good but the lunch was very good!

- I got them to mention the TCLUG and give out the URL.

- They gave new laptops to everyone who attended. Yea, right.

--
Eric (Rick) Meyerhoff
rick at eworld3.net