> All else fails, go hit your local Radio Shack and buy a power adapter and plug to fit.  May cost you $20, but definately worth it if nothing else is available.

I don't believe RS normally stocks any above 1A (I used to work there so
long ago...)  They might now, but I don't think they didn't when I was
there.  But, they do have a lot of other options that you can have them
order in through RSU (Rat Shack Unlimited)

> BTW, didn't Qwest say that any new connections they wouldn't allow the Cisco's to connect up?  It had to be the ActionTec?  I thought I heard that mentioned somewhere...

You might be thinking of the 675/CAP vs 678/DMT thing.  The original Qwest
DSL customers were provisioned with CAP lines, which the 675 could handle.
When Qwest switched to DMT (specifically DMT issue-2/T1.413), they started
shipping the 678's, which could be flashed to support either technology.

Qwest actually certified a bunch of equipment for use on their DMT
installs:
Cisco 678 external DSL router
Intel PRO 2200 internal DSL PCI card
Intel PRO 3200 external USB
Aeroscom esternal USB

Now they are offering the ActionTec, which they encourage you to rent for
$5/month, or buy outright for $149.  They are really pushing the renting
option because people would whine when their $150 AT or $300 cisco (which
they may have gotten with a $50 or more rebate from Qwest) fried on them,
and they had to plunk down a bunch of money for a new one.

We had a few customers that had 675's that they got for $99 ($200 discount
from Qwest), fried 3 years later, and they weren't too happy about
having to drop $300 to get a new one, when it only cost them $99 to start
with.

BTW, if anyone is really interested in the nitty-gritty about DMT and CAP,
I would highly recommend checking out the HowStuffWorks.com article about
DSL.  The official DMT spec is pretty dry :)

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications