"Matthew S. Hallacy" <poptix at techmonkeys.org> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 03:01:42PM -0600, Tom Penney wrote:
> >
> > If everyone were like me the planet is STILL DOOMED! We better start
> > killing off a whole bunch of people if we are going to save this planet.
>

>         CATEGORY  	ACRES
> 	FOOD    	5.2
> 	MOBILITY 	1.2
> 	SHELTER 	4
> 	GOODS/SERVICES 	4.7
> 	TOTAL FOOTPRINT	15
>

> 	IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 24 ACRES PER PERSON.
> WORLDWIDE, THERE EXIST 4.5 BIOLOGICALLY PRODUCTIVE ACRES PER PERSON.
>
> IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 3.4 PLANETS.
>

> And they wonder why people think they're zealots.

Um, which part of their estimate do you think is incorrect?

Or are you suggesting that because they're "zealots" it's all bad,
even if no particular part of it is actually incorrect?
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <dd-b at dd-b.net>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>