I do my part, I eat hippies.  Decreasing the ecological footprint of America..one hippie at a time!

________________________________

From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org on behalf of Matthew S. Hallacy
Sent: Fri 11/7/2003 5:02 PM
To: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Wildly OT www.myfootprint.org

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 03:01:42PM -0600, Tom Penney wrote:

> If everyone were like me the planet is STILL DOOMED! We better start
> killing off a whole bunch of people if we are going to save this planet.

        CATEGORY        ACRES
        FOOD            5.2
        MOBILITY        1.2
        SHELTER         4
        GOODS/SERVICES  4.7
        TOTAL FOOTPRINT 15

        IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 24 ACRES PER PERSON.
WORLDWIDE, THERE EXIST 4.5 BIOLOGICALLY PRODUCTIVE ACRES PER PERSON.

IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 3.4 PLANETS.

And they wonder why people think they're zealots.