On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 02:33:48PM -0600, Sam MacDonald wrote:
> I'm going to use the website tonight at Scout Round table.
> I'm going to ask everyone to come back to round table with their
> personal results.
> I'm also going to share the site with my children and with their teachers.
>
> www.myfootprint.org
Sam, what is your point?  Don't you see that these things manage
themselves in the free market?  Everything has a cost - lets talk about
oil, for instance.  We use the most economical thing around - right now
it's oil.  I'm not going to go to some alt energy until it's cheaper
than oil.  If oil runs out, or gets close (which it isn't), it will get
more expensive.  That will lead to more innovation in alternative
energies.  I'm going to be happy, and i REFUSE to feel bad or guilty for
my lifestyle.

Meat, for instance, if there is not enough, it will get more expensive.
fewer people will eat it.  problem solved.  Now, leave me alone about
it!

dan