On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 08:44:02AM -0600, Sam MacDonald wrote:
> I find it interesting the amount of support being displayed for SuSe
> being gobbled up by Novel, at the command of IBM.  I don't see why it's
> good for IBM to put $50m in to Novel and for Novel to buy SuSe,  other
> then to eliminate the competition.

It's possible the buyout could be a good thing for SuSE.

Back around 2000, Red Hat had a very successful IPO.  Unfortunately,
SuSE was unable to complete an IPO in time to cash in on the dot-com
bubble and now is not a great time for a SuSE IPO.  The Novell buyout
could help solidify the financial future of SuSE.

--
Joel Schneider
joel at joelschneider.net

Linux makes computing fun again.