On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 01:35:11PM -0600, Clay Fandre wrote:
> I have been running unstable on my desktops, testing on
> my internal servers, and stable on my external servers for years
> without any major problems.

Interesting to read that "stable" may be useful for something.  My
impression was that most debian-philes were using either "unstable" or
"testing".

In case anyone's interested or curious, here's a short summary of a
recent bitter experience I had with debian.  Being cautious and/or
ignorant, I installed "stable" (woody).  Later I decided Mozilla 1.0
was really lame and did "apt-get -t unstable install mozilla" to get
Mozilla 1.4.  Apt proceeded to de-install KDE and then horked in the
middle of the install (don't recall exactly why), leaving me with no KDE
and no Mozilla.  This experience left me unimpressed, so my next system
will most likely not run Debian GNU/Apache/Perl/MySQL/OpenSSH/Linux.
OpenBSD is starting to look good ...

--
Joel Schneider
joel at joelschneider.net