On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:10:18 -0600
"David Phillips" <david at acz.org> wrote:

> Debian is not about apt-get.  Debian was around for years before
> apt-get existed.  Debian is about free software, distributed as high
> quality packages that meet strict guidelines.  Having an easy way to
> automatically install software is merely a feature that the packaging
> system allows.

Personally, I will say that Slackware also fills these things quite well.  It doesn't have as sharp of an "initial learning curve," meaning install nightmares of how to install it.

Plain, simple, highly configurable.

--
Shawn

 "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear -- not absence of fear."
	-Mark Twain

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"