On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 04:34:22PM -0600, Daniel Taylor wrote:
> Have you _read_ the license for Pine?

I have. I think the author of nano explains it well:

http://www.asty.org/articles/20010702pine.html

> Debian doesn't distribute it in a binary package because
> even the slight modifications to the source tree to package
> it could violate the license UWash distributes it under.

That's fine, I don't want anyone modifying pico/pine =)

> under. If you can't burn the binaries onto a CD and sell the CD legally
> it can't go in main.

Redistribution of this release is permitted as follows, or by mutual agreement:
(a) In free-of-charge or at-cost distributions by non-profit concerns;
(b) In free-of-charge distributions by for-profit concerns;
(c) Inclusion in a CD-ROM collection of free-of-charge, shareware, or
non-proprietary software for which a fee may be charged for the packaged
distribution.

^---