On 11/04 01:40 , Ryan Ware wrote:
> File locations really should be standardized accross all distros.  For a
> group of people (Linux enthusiasts) that preach standards, it seems strange
> to me that such a standard is not in place.  Or if there is, seemingly it is
> ignored.

you're right; they should. Another nice thing about Debian is that they were
much closer to Linux Standard Base-compliancy, before most other distros.

RedHat has done a lot to catch up lately tho. SuSE is still pretty wacky and
nonstandard in a lot of ways; but getting better.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises