David Phillips wrote:
> mjn writes:
>
>>With Redhat expiring in April, I was wondering what people thought
>>would be a good replacement distro for someone who has been running
>>RH since 6.0?
>

> Debian.  You will wish you had switched years ago.

I'm actually pretty curious here.  Have you used them both, especially
in recent incarnations?  I haven't, but I can honestly say that RedHat
is extremely good.  I'm having a hard time understanding what it might
be that would make debian so much better (other than the niggling little
detail that RedHat is going away pretty soon...).

Note that apt is not a sufficient answer - apt4rpm seems to have addressed
that issue pretty well.

Thanks,
Kent