On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 17:30, Jima wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Raymond Norton wrote:
> > I am setting up a calendar program that is configured to notify members of
> > new events. That part works, but it is sending a generic notice, not the one
> > I am expecting. I need to locate the file it is using which contains the
> > text user at isp.com. Is there a way of doing this with cat or a find command.
> > I have done what I know to do, but am not finding the name of the file.
>
>  I know you got an answer, but I'm a little surprised that no one gave the
> shortest way of doing this:
>
> grep -r user at isp.com /var/www/html/*
>
>  The -r is for recursive.
>
>      Jima

I've always used just grep with the recursive flag like this. I'm
curious why would others want to complicate things with the find
command? There must be a reason everyone is suggesting to use find in
conjunction with grep when grep alone will do. Are they Masochists? For
style points?

--
Tom Penney <blots at visi.com>