On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 09:44:06AM -0600, Raymond Norton wrote:
> I am setting up a calendar program that is configured to notify members of
> new events. That part works, but it is sending a generic notice, not the one
> I am expecting. I need to locate the file it is using which contains the
> text user at isp.com. Is there a way of doing this with cat or a find command.
> I have done what I know to do, but am not finding the name of the file.
>
> Raymond

Try the 'grep' command. Perhaps start at directory such as /var/www/html and
type:

find . | xargs grep user at isp.com

If that doesn't work, explain the calendar program in more detail. Is it a web
app? Are you using PHP? Are there any PHP classes involved? Is it written in
Perl? C?

Jim Kaufman		mailto:jmk at linuxforbusiness.net
Linux Evangelist	cell: 612-481-9778
public key 0x6D802619	fax:  952-937-9832
http://www.linuxforbusiness.net