On Friday, May 30, 2003, at 11:30 US/Central, Lansing, Dan wrote:

> Ok….everything is purdy and runs like a champ….except when
> itdoesn’t….i can access the server from outside my lan now thanks to
> thewondrousskillzof the lads out at real time….but now it seems daily
> the service<not sure which one> dies….for example this morning before
> leaving for work….i logged on to the web client at my server made sure
> everything was happy and by the timeIgot to workIwent to logon to the
> web client from here and got the logon screen….it accepted my password
> and the came up with a screen that said‘no server running contact your
> system administrator’and well whenIasked myselfIcame up with
> nothing….this happens whenItry theweb clientlocally too sometimes….i
> thought it was postfix dying on me but whenItype #postfix reload
> itdoesn’tfix it….does anyone have any idea of whereIcan look to find
> out what service is stopping or at the very least howIcan keep it from
> dying…..according to my mail logIkeep getting hit by spam relay
> attempts…could that be more than my little server can handle? Or do
> you think it is something else

Not knowing which imap server they use, or how suse organizes syslog
i'd look at all the log files in /var/log to determine which one logs
imap log entries.

Also check the system log for crashes, oopses etc. You may want to
contact suse for support on this one. (assuming u paid for open
exchange etc)

I'm interested in this software suite so I may purchasing the demo cd.

  Dan LansingDan Lansing

--

Ben Lutgens
System Administrator