Jerry.Ekegren at thrivent.com writes:
> Is anyone using Red Hat 8 in a large corporation as a production HTTP
> and/or Edge server.  We are looking at using Linux as our HTTP and
> Edge servers, currently using AIX, but are trying to find a more
> reasonable alternative than using Red Hat ES at $799 per server or AS
> at $1499 per server.  Any user experiences would be greatly
> appreciated.

We use FreeBSD and Zeus for our production servers and they serve more
content than most "large corporations" would.  If you need to serve a lot of
HTTP traffic, FreeBSD and Zeus will be many times more scalable and stable
than Red Hat and Apache.

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/