On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 01:20:45PM -0500, Shawn wrote:
> On Fri, 23 May 2003 13:14:57 -0500 (CDT)
> Nate Carlson <natecars at real-time.com> wrote:
> > I agree. This is why I don't use his software personally, or encourage
> > other people to use it.. but even if I don't like it, he has the right
> > to do whatever he wants with his code.
> >
> Not trying to fan the flame on this in any way, but isn't the same thing also said to some degree of Linus Torvalds' control over the kernel?

"Said to some degree", maybe, but that doesn't make it accurate.
Linus doesn't object to anyone (like, say, Red Hat) distributing
patched versions of his code.  He may refuse to make your patch a part
of the offical source tree, but he's happy to let you fork the kernel
if you want.  DJB's license doesn't allow forks - if you want to
distribute his code, it's his way or the highway.  You can't modify
and redistribute it.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that