On Fri, 23 May 2003, Karl Bongers wrote:
> So you make and distribute a source patch.  People use it, maybe
> Dan doesn't like it, maybe he gets upset and takes you to court,

That's going a little far - as most of you've probably figured out, I'm
not a huge DJB fan, but he doesn't stop people from applying patches to
his software.. as long as you follow his distribution terms (keep the
patch separate from the tarball, don't distribute patched binaries),
you're fine.

If the patch does something he doesn't like, he won't support your
installation.. that's his right, though.