I've got a Samba issue that I can't figure out.  I'm doing nothing than I ordinarily do, yet the person can't connect.  I've tried under their id, and it fails, yet others can connect successfully.  Myself included.  I don't think it's a smbpasswd issue however.

This system authenticates to an NT domain (yeah, I don't have a choice on it so no comments) and I have everything defined correctly.  Under the share, I have the following line because only certain users can access it:

valid users = user1,user2, at group

It's got Samba version 2.0.5a, but it shouldn't matter should it?

Here's what I do to  grant Samba access after all the redtape stuff is out of the way:

1-Add user to box, then add them in to the users.map file with the following entry:

   Unixid = NT domain id

2-Add to appropriate samba share if going to restricted spot

That's it.  I've never had to run any smbpasswd related command because of the authentication to the domain.

I know I can do a workaround, and setup a dummy account and have each person use that generic id.  Something like this:

  Unixida = NT domain id1
  Unixida = NT domain id2

I've tried that as well, with no luck at all.  I have encrypted password enabled, so it's not an issue with that.  We've tried this person's id on 3 different machines and can't get it to go.  Even on a system that allows plain text password from NT (kernel hack).

I've completely removed her id from the system, and all smb files.  Stopped and restarted samba, then readded her.  Still no luck.  Suggestions?  Her domain account is not locked btw.  Anything else I can try?  I set two users up identically, one works while the other doesn't.

Thanks.

--
Shawn