Ben Lutgens said:

> David Phillips said:
>> Ben Lutgens writes:
>>> Becuase people often try to send out mail with an errant "From:"
>>> setup in thier mailer and when other folks try to reply it gets
>>> bounced. But it can't bounce because it's an invalid address...
>>
>> So?  Would you rather have someone forge your email address and have
>> all the bounces go to you?  That's what this "solution" encourages.
>
> They can do that anyway. Wether you verify it or not. Thanks for
> playing.

Besides with spamassassin, rbls, and ensuring your mailserver isn't an
open-relay it's really not a problem.

I don't get bounces from forged addresses. They'd have to forge the
Sender: header as well. Good mailserver configs can catch many of these
things. I've been building mine gradually over a few years.

But you already knew all that being a devout DJB worshiper. By the way
when is the "DJB Raises The Dead" or "DJB Heals the sick and lame" meeting
going to take place? As his greatest disciple surely you'll be leading the
charge to such worship-like activities.

Or could it be that you ARE DJB in disguise! Spreading the gospel of His
Holiness incognito! ADMIT IT! YOU'RE DJB AREN'T YOU!

I bet Hitler was a DJB worshiper too...

--
Ben Lutgens
System Administrator