Heh, well, it'd also be nice if everyone's mailer actually acted nicely
and produced the proper headers for threading.  Ironically, a lot of
"groupware" products seem to mess this up.  It's stupid since supporting
this would probably just take one line of code.

I know that Novell GroupWise tends to break threads.

I've complained loudly in the past about Lotus Notes breaking things.
Newer versions might be nicer (I was forced to use R5 for a while).

Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express seem to behave nicely in this
regard, but as soon as their messages get forwarded through MS Exchange
or Internet Mail Service (what is that -- just another name for
Exchange?), any In-Reply-To: or References: headers get blown away.

Exchange seems to add/keep an odd Thread-Index: header, but I'm not sure
if that's useful in any way or not.

I probably wouldn't have replied to Spencer's message, but in addition
to the threading issues, I noticed that a recent post that broke threads
was also base64-encoded.

http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/tclug-list/2003-May/056543.html

That might be a site-specific setting (and therefore probably not Dan's
fault), but it's kind of a silly thing to do since base64-encoded
messages take up more disk space and bandwidth..

I could complain about other things that bug me about e-mail, but I've
done that before..

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Never let school get in the
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   way of your education.