I'm actually in a RHCE class working on a lab of that exact subject as I
type this (well...not working, since i'm typing this)
It sounds to me like it would be a problem with the ks.cfg file that the
GUI produced for you.
Did you take a look through the file it produced to see if there were any
suspect lines in there?  Otherwise, you might consider attaching the text
of the ks.cfg file and someone else might notice something that you
missed.
I know it's not an error with kickstart in general, since my instructor
says he uses kickstart to automatically configure "pre-broken" redhat
installs for the students to fix during the test.

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Troy.A Johnson wrote:

> Has anyone had success getting a network
> install to work via a kickstart config produced
> with the Kickstart Config GUI on RH9?
>
> I've had an error message during the install
> about "failed to set default route" (on the F4
> or F5 console), which of course would be a
> problem for a network install. I haven't had time
> to investigate further (beyond a cursory
> googling), and I don't know if it is a kickstart
> problem or a problem with the 'ks.cfg' the GUI
> spit out. A manual network install seemed to
> work just fine (same box, same everything else).

Justin Kremer <kremer at ringworld.org>

"One likes to believe in the freedom of music,
But glittering prizes and endless compromises
Shatter the illusion of integrity."
- Rush "The Spirit of Radio" (1980)