On Sat, 17 May 2003, Scot Jenkins wrote:
> Not sure about how the IDE internal one show up.  I thought as a special
> kind of floppy but I could be wrong.

 Nope:

# dmesg | grep 'hdd'
hdd: IOMEGA ZIP 100 ATAPI, ATAPI FLOPPY drive
hdd: No disk in drive
hdd: 98304kB, 32/64/96 CHS, 4096 kBps, 512 sector size, 2941 rpm

 In this case the device Scot referred to would be /dev/hdd4.  Assuming
it was FAT-formatted, anyway; as I recall, HFS (MacOS filesystem) Zip
disks used a different partition.  Kind of an interesting concept...
 As for using using an IDE Zip drive, Scot's instructions should work
fine.

     Jima