On Wed, 14 May 2003, Florin Iucha wrote:

> It either a lie or a 'lie'. If they meant something else, they could
> have said it. It would not have been as catcy-sounding though...

I'm not sure if it necessarily is a lie.  By unlimited bandwidth, ISP's
are generally talking about fees.  They won't charge you any extra no
matter how much you use.  There is always a point where the pipe just
can't push any more bits through in a month's time.  I wouldn't call that
a lie.  I would say it's a (maybe poor) assumption that whoever will be
buying that understands the way things work.
Regardless, I'm not looking for enough bandwidth that i'd be maxing out
anything they've got.  My current setup is peaking at 100k/sec currently.
it averages 6k/sec.  I'm just looking for something that might please the
lusers.

Justin Kremer <kremer at ringworld.org>

"One likes to believe in the freedom of music,
But glittering prizes and endless compromises
Shatter the illusion of integrity."
- Rush "The Spirit of Radio" (1980)