On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Adam Maloney wrote:
> Nate - I checked, we don't have real instructions yet, just the stuff
> Justin jotted down while ActionTec support was running through with
> our customer.  He's working on them over the next week or two, so when
> we get them done I'll try and remember to send something over to you.

One of my friends got a DSL line in, and I was over setting up his router
for him last night.. he has an ActionTec router with a /29; didn't have
any problems getting routing working. Would've been interesting to have
tried a /30 to see if they've fixed that bug, but at well.

Basically, just went into "Advanced Setup", and went through all the
menus, picking the obvious option (PPPoA, static ip for the router goes
here, NAT disabled, static IP for the ethernet interface, etc).. the only
thing I did that was non-obvious is adding a route to the local network in
their static routing tables.. normally wouldn't be necessary since most
routers add the route automatically when you configure the IP on the
ethernet interface. Not even sure if this was totally necessary - they
just had a note on the screen that mentioned you must add a route to the
local network if not doing NAT, so I did it (I was in a hurry...)  :)

Oh, one thing of interest - I couldn't find a way to totally disable
firewalling on these things.. best I could do was turn it to 'Basic',
which still blocked IPSec unless you turned IPSec Passthru on (which
shouldn't be necessary for a routed connection.) Kind of irritating..