Shawn writes:
>   This is a little off topic, but looking for some help on Apache.
> I'm trying to run multiple servers on apache, via name instead of
> port.  I've followed both the O'Rielly Apache book and the apache
> website instructions for setting this up.  However, I'm evidently
> missing something.  Here's what I get when it starts:

Next time don't obscure your information.  If you expect free help, provide
complete, correct information.  If you need to keep your configuration data
secret, hire a consultant.

Virtual hosts in Apache don't work that way.  Read the docs (again) and
follow the examples.  Hint: a VirtualHost container must contain a * or an
IP address, not a hostname.  The same goes for NameVirtualHost, which
corresponds to VirtualHost.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/name-based.html

When you get tired of screwing with the config every time you want to add a
virtual host, you might choose a different approach.  Apache has a mass
virtual hosting module which lets you create new virtual servers simply by
creating a directory or symlink:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/mass.html

Just do something like this:

<Directory /etc/sites/>
    Options All
    AllowOverride All
</Directory>
VirtualDocumentRoot /etc/sites/%0/

Then create a directory or symlink for each hostname in /etc/sites, such as
/etc/sites/www.example.com.  I've got a program that will split logs
generated in the format shown on that page:

http://david.maridia.com/prog/logsplit.tar.gz

--
David Phillips <david at acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/