On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 09:05:16PM -0500, David Phillips wrote:

> There are some numbers on this page:
>
> http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/blurb/unbind.html

[snip 'Bind sucks, Apache sucks, Linux sucks']

> http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/blurb/easeofuse.html

Do you have any original ideas, or are you going to continue to spam
the list with http://cr.yp.to/ urls?

> MyDNS is very easy to setup.  The QUICKSTART file that comes with it has
> seven steps, which include creating the MySQL database and user.

Are you advocating the use of "insecure" software? MySQL has had plenty of bugs.

> I advocate the use of the best tool for the job.  That is why I like qmail,
> djbdns, MyDNS, FreeBSD, Zeus, etc.  I think it's silly for political issues
> to blind you from excellent software.
>
> Linux is good for some things, FreeBSD is better for others.  But in the
> case of sendmail vs. qmail or BIND vs. djbdns, there is always a clear
> winner.

That's your opinion, please understand that qmail/djbdns/djb* is not always
(or even most of the time) the best tool for the job. If it were, everyone
would be using it.

Once again, please stop trying to shove your opinion down peoples throats,
I think we're all aware of your opinions now, and can keep them in mind
the next time we're choosing mail server or name server software, without
a constant reminder.