On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 09:22:38PM -0500, Michael Ableyev wrote:
> >emacs: Cannot connect to X server :0.
> >Check the DISPLAY environment variable or use `-d'.
> >Also use the `xhost' program to verify that it is set to permit
> >connections from your machine.
> try xhost +localhost

...but only if you want anyone on any machine which can contact yours
over the network to have access to your display.

If you _must_ use xhost, it's just `xhost localhost`.  No +.

But it's generally preferable to use ssh -X or XAUTHORITY if at all
possible.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that