On 07 May 2003 12:30:17 -0500
Mike Hicks <hick0088 at tc.umn.edu> wrote:

> Yeah, it's not really possible to fully bridge between ethernet and
> token ring, unless you hide some information in other places.
> Ethernet and token ring packets have fairly similar structures, IIRC,
> but there are some fields missing from one to the other.  Packets
> probably won't look the same once they get to the other side..

  I'm not to up on various aspects of networking, but could he build a linux box with the connection he's looking for, as well as a token ring card and us it as router/gateway between networks?

--
Shawn

"Have the courage to take your own thoughts seriously, for they will
shape you."  --Albert Einstein