I was drafted to teach Linux to some windoze users where I work.  They are admins and software testing types, and we will be doing more Linux stuff down the road.

There are a bajillion online references out there, but I wanted to provide some references designed for Linux newbies.

So, as the "book" for the training, I selected an open source book called rute - it covers a lot of ground in a lot of pages.

http://www.pucmmsti.edu.do/materias/fnunez/RUTE_TUT/RUTE.html
(there are also pdf versions out there)

I wanted to make sure that the participants have a solid background in Linux  (read:  so I didn't forget something  ;), so I am using the LPI certification guide as a reference list for the topics I need to cover.
http://lpi.org/p-obj-101rel2.html

Now for my questions:

Is anyone on the list familiar with the LPI exam?  If so, did its guidelines provide you with sufficient 'breathing room' to have a basic understanding of Linux?

Also, does anyone have suggestions for things that are "must-know" for a newbie audience?  These people aren't going to be developers or high level admins, just regular or power users.  It is amazing how much information people pick up about an OS when they have been around it for years(even windoze), and I am trying to fast-track the participants to being proficient Linux users in a relatively short time.

Thanks,

Brent Friedman