On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 11:44:29PM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
> I'd like to re-rip and re-encode my cds. This time into ogg format.
> What is the "best"  ripper/encoder these days?

I like to use Grip.  It's really just a front end for any ripper and
encoder that you want to use.  I use a combination of cdparanoia and
ogg123.  It allows you to customize the file names and what metadata you
want to add to the encoded files.  It also has a nice rip-on-insert and
eject-after-rip feature.  That takes some of the redundancy out of it.

Nate