On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 02:01:20PM -0600, Brady Hegberg wrote:
> Redhat's skipping 8.1 and going directly for 9.0.  Bad news for all the
> people who avoid .0 releases.  At this rate I guess they'll hit 13.0 in
> a year or two...
>
> Suse announces version 1000000.0!
> Redhat announces version infinity+1
> Suse announces version infinity^2
> Redhat announces version whatever-version-Suse-is-on++

Considering the move to XF86 4.3.0, kde 3.1, glibc 2.3.1, and a few other
big changes, it's well worth the major version number increment. This is
typical when you make large jumps in important packages.

And FYI, RedHat had the current early april release date set long before
mandrake and suse decided to up their version #'s =)