Brian wrote:

>I've got a Slackware box (8.0 I think?) that I'm setting up as a
>router.  When I try to SSH to it, I get "corrupted MAC on input".  I
>Googled for it, and all I could come up with is that I may have a bad
>NIC.  This box has 3 NICs, and none of them allow me to SSH into
>it.  If I try to ssh in at the console (to 127.0.0.1) I get the same
>error.  Normally I'd just re-install OpenSSH, but since I'm not a Slack
>user, I'm not sure exaclty how to go about that.  Any ideas?

Damn - I recall having a very similar problem on a Solaris box. I seem
to recall it having something to do with the /dev/random device. But
that was a long time ago, and I doubt that's your problem anyway. Are
you sure there aren't any iptables rules in place that would give you
any problems?

As far as reinstalling the package on slackware, you could try
http://www.linuxpackages.net to see if they have a newer OpenSSH package
than what you're currently running. Or grab the source from
http://www.openssh.org and compile away.