All,

Need assistance with the following error message when attempting to run
"xstart".

  The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
  > Error:            bad length in Geometry
  >                   Output file "/var/tmp/server-0.xkm" removed
  Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
  Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap
  _FontTransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
  failed to set default font path 'unix/:-1'
  Fatal server error:
  could not open default font 'fixed'

  When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
  the full server output, not just the last messages.

  X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

My hardware description:
-Pentium 60
-40 mgs of RAM
-512 mg harddrive

OS description:
Redhat 6.0 sized for this small harddrive.

How is this problem fixed?  Please email me directly at mark_j at visi.com.  I
am open to telephone assistance.  Let me know if this is possible on your end
in your email response.

Thank you, Mark Jefferis