unable to use web....

Just a little follow up on the issue. Last night I rebuilt the box because
it seems to be that I changed the time on the box and it locked me
out(password expired).... Damn thing... So what I set up the adsl connection....
bla bla bla....

Setting

Default policies
lan eccept
wan accept
removed dmz

FireWall rules
Removed all dmz

that is all I changed................
I looked at the logs, but everything was being accepted and a dns entry
was assigned. So I thought lets try a ftp. Worked fine, logged into
ftp://ftp.mn-linux.org without any problems. I then tried redhat, I logged in fine.
(got a couple of error later on) but none the less it worked. I called sprint to see if they are have any problems, but they said they were not having problems and had me try a pppoe connection on xp to make sure it was not there connection....

Final thoughts was sometimes i saw that the browser would have the ip address of the place I was trying to go to and then it would change to 127.0.0.1  I I'm thinking that it is a dns problem, just not sure where to look. The manual didn't do much for me, either did the mandrake user list logs.....

any help would be good..... my wife is about to kill me.....