Just got Mandrake 9.1 installed on my laptop.  acpi comes with the
distribution, so I was hoping to get my laptop working with power
management.  But it seems a bit more needs to be done.  I've gotten acpi
and acpid up and running, but nothing seems to be happening.  Anyone
have any experience with this?  The main thing I want working is the
battery monitor, hopefully even have it work with gkrellm.

Here's some info in case it helps:

Laptop is a Compaq Presario 2710us

#cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state
present:	no
#cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT2/state
present:	no

#acpi -V
No support for device type: thermal
  AC Adapter 1: on-line

#acpi -s
    Battery 1: slot empty
    Battery 2: slot empty

I've tried unplugging the ac adapter and running off the battery for a
while, but the only thing that changed was that the "acpi -V" command
changed the adapter status to "off-line".  Taking the battery out didn't
change anything.

Many thanks for any help.
--
Chris Frederick <cdf123 at cdf123.com>