Bob Tanner writes:
 > On Sunday 30 March 2003 03:41 pm, rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
 > > Is anyone using eFax through linux?  They sorta support linux, since
 > > they have as an option sending out the faxes as TIFF images instead of
 > > their proprietary .efx format.
 >
 > We've had better luck with hylafax, specially when integrating with win32
 > machines.
 >
 > http://www.hylafax.org

Actually, hylafax isn't a substitute for efax (unless I've badly
misunderstood), because hylafax requires you to have a phone line and
a modem.  eFax is a service that provides a local phone line to
receive your faxes, and does this for significantly less $$$ than the
cost of a second phone line from Qworst.

Meanwhile, anyone have a good suggestion about a script to stretch a
Tiff image with a certain number of pixels x and y back to a
reasonable dimension for letter-sized printing?  This seems a little
challenging, because it requires thinking about the printer pixels and
the image pixels.  I feel sure the GIMP would do this just fine, but
then, what WOULDN'T the gimp do.... :->